The treatment of addiction can be completely different from the treatment of a disease. For a disease, you can simply write out a prescription for the necessary medications, and you can expect recovery, but addictions have a completely different way of treatment.
You can just go for a non 12 step rehab which is perfectly suited for treating addictions along with a number of benefits as well.
Focuses on One to One Treatment
- This procedure of treatment focuses on one to one individual treatment which is highly beneficial for the addict.
- Individual attention helps to understand the problem better, and hence the treatment is more effective.
Skips Some of the Aspects of the 12 Steps
- The greatest benefit of non 12 step treatments is that the individuals do not have to participate in all of the steps necessarily.
- The steps of treatment are according to the problem of the individual.
Focus in on the Person
- Another substantial benefit of the treatment process is that it focuses on the person and the problem the person has.
- Focusing on the person helps in the understanding of the mentality which benefits in the treatment process.
Empowers Individual Choice
- The addict is the one who can determine the ultimate outcome of the treatment and hence the focus is on enabling the choice of the individual.
- Understanding of the individual makes the treatment procedure more effective.